Friday, February 10, 2012

So long Hue

To say a lot has happened within Raider Nation since I last posted would be an understatement. The last time I blogged the Raiders lost to the Chargers failing to advance to the playoffs for yet another year. I sort of slipped into a football depression choosing not think about it and trying my best to avoid the playoffs to no avail.

Hue was canned moments after McKenzie was hired and just before the press conference introducing him.

I felt after the season that Hue should've got at least one more year given the circumstances this team faced in his rookie season. There were multiple injuries that crippled the offense (McFadden, Campbell, Ford, Moore) and the injuries on the defense were numerous which forced the Raiders to basically pull in guys off the street to start in the secondary.

Not to mention the mental aspect that came with losing Al. The team's owner/GM/boss. Add that to the fact that after Al passed everyone's favorite DC Bresnahan was left to his own devices with horrendous results.

All in all I thought 8-8 was good enough for Hue to keep his job given everything that had to be dealt with in one of the most bizarre seasons of recent memory.

That being said the more I sat back and thought about the situation as a whole the more I was fine with moving on and starting over again.

The team came out this season and looked like it was playoff bound then McFadden and Campbell go down in successive weeks. We make the big trade for Carson Palmer and then we suffer successive emberassing defeats at the hands of the KC and Denver and our playoff hopes looked to be dashed.

But then we come out blazing against SD and and go on a win streak once again looking like a team headed to the playoffs. But somewhere along the line it appeared Hue lost the team. The lackluster performances to close out the season say just as much.

I think Hue did a good job and he'll be a good HC somewhere someday but something had to have happened to this team in the locker room. Because in the final five weeks of the season this team looked totally flat and uninspired while fighting for it's playoff life.

So in other words. I liked Hue. I thought he was a good coach. But I am ready to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment